2D and 3D Concrete Scanning Services
Trafalgar Construction are now at the forefront of the analysis of steel reinforcement in reinforced concrete structures. With our fast scanner we can detect and measure the depth of cover, diameter and positioning of reinforcing bars over a wide area. The concrete cover and rebar diameter estimation element is best performed with pulsed magnetic induction technology – we use the best tools for the job.
Producing easily interpretable 2D and 3D images of concealed objects we can provide non-destructive structural inspection prior to drilling, sawing or coring.
Benefits of this service:
- Locate rebars, tendons, metal and plastic conduits, glass-fibre cables, voids and wood in dry concrete structures at depths of up to 300mm
- Avoid hitting concealed objects when drilling or sawing
- Quality assessment and checking of rebar and tendon layout (e.g. curvature, density, depth)
- Inspection of floors, decks, slabs, balconies, etc in structures such as tunnels, bridges and buildings
- Detection of voids and cavities
- We use the most productive tools on the market used to produce the quality 2D or 3D concrete scans you need.
What we can do:
- Provide a real-time view of the inside of concrete structures and generate true images automatically, for direct on-site evaluation of concrete scan data
- Show a top view of the scan for easy mapping of the objects detected plus cross sections in both directions for easy identification of multiple layers in concrete structures
- Greatly reduce risks by locating the safest places to cut or drill
- We work efficiently to cover the area you need
- Once your concrete scan survey is completed we are able to drill where required at the same time.