Health and Safety Policy Statement
In accordance with its duty under Section 2(3) of the health and safety at work Act, 1974, and in fulfilling its obligations to both employees and the public who may be affected by its activities, the board of director of TRAFALGAR CONSTRUCTION CORPORATION LTD have produced the following statement of policy in respect of health and safety.
It is our aim to achieve a working environment which is free of work related accidents and ill-health and to this end we will pursue continuing improvements from year to year.
We undertake to discharge our statutory duties by:
1. Identifying hazards in the workplace, assessing the risk related to them and implementing appropriate preventive and protective measures;
2. Providing and maintaining safe plant and work equipment;
3. Establishing and enforcing safe methods of work;
4. Recruiting and appointing personnel who have the skills, abilities and competence commensurate with their role and level of responsibility;
5. Ensuring that tasks given to employees are their skills, knowledge and ability to perform;
6. Ensuring that technical competence is maintained through the provision of refresher training as appropriate;
7. Promoting awareness of health and safety and of good practice through the effective communication of relevant information;
8. Furnishing sufficient funds needed to meet these objectives.
All employees on their part are encouraged to contribute actively towards achieving a work environment, which is free of accidents and ill health.
Our health and safety policy will be reviewed annually to monitor its effectiveness and to ensure that it reflects changing needs and circumstances.
This policy is to be read in conjunction with the responsibilities, procedures and applicable safe system of work together form the TRAFALGAR CONSTRUCTION CORPORATION LTD health and safety manual.
Managing Director : H.S.Bassi
Safe working environment for everybody
Accidents hurt, safety does not
Find advice if you can not do a job safely and find another way to do it safer
Educate employees to work safer
Thinking about planning at the start of a project saves lives
Your Safety is our number 1 priority
Environment Policy Statement
Trafalgar Construction Corp. Ltd (the Organisation) is committed to reducing the impact of its activities on the environment and assisting our customers by encouraging them to use sustainable resource.
To this end the Organisation has implemented an environmental management system to continuously improve its environmental performance.
In order to meet this commitment the Organisation will pursue the following objectives:
• To ensure compliance with all applicable environmental legislation and regulations
• To reduce emissions and prevent pollution
• To improve waste management practices
• To reduce consumption of natural resources
• To minimise noise and other nuisances
• To assist in the management of ecology
• To continuously assess its environmental performance
• To assist in the investigation of environmental incidents in which it is involved on operational sites
• To make its environmental information available to interested parties
The necessary personnel and financial resources will be allocated to assist the Organisation in meeting its environmental objectives and targets that will be reviewed as appropriate. In addition the Organisation will continue to raise the levels of environmental awareness throughout its workforce and to promote this awareness to its customers and suppliers.
The Organisation is committed to operating its Environmental Management System in a manner that attains and sustains compliance to the international Environmental Management Standard ISO 14001. The environment policy will be renewed every year to sustain the high level of service we offer.
Managing Director : H.S.Bassi
S afe working environment for everybody
A ccidents hurt, safety does not
F ind advice if you can not do a job safely and find another way to do it safer
E ducate employees to work safer
T hinking about planning at the start of a project saves lives
Y our Safety is our number 1 priority